Back to School Reminders
Welcome to the 2019-2020 School Year! Below are some important reminders regarding the start of the school year.
BACK TO SCHOOL REMINDERS
• Parents will be able to access classroom assignments starting August 12 at 4:00 P.M. in the Home Access Center of eSchool. To learn your child's classroom, you will need your Home Access username and password that were used last year to check report cards and to complete online registration. You can access the information at Home Access. If you do not remember your username and/or password, please follow the link on the Home Access sign in page to retrieve that information. Kindergarten and new students will follow the link on the Home Access sign in page to register for a new account.
• While you are in eSchoolPlus, please take a moment to verify that we have your correct phone number and email for important school-to-home communication. You can view your phone number and email address on the demographic page. The primary guardian can edit his or her email address if it is incorrect. To correct additional email addresses and phone numbers please call the Cowlishaw office.
• Bus information will be available August 12 in the Home Access Center for students that are eligible for bussing.
• Meet and Greet will be Wednesday, August 14 from 9:00 to 10:00 AM. PTA Social is from 9:00 to 10:30 AM.
• Please complete a Student Dismissal form prior to the first day of school. The form is available on the Cowlishaw Website, About our School/documents. Copies will be available in your child's classroom during Meet and Greet.
• First day of School for Grades 1 through 5, August 19, 2019. Students will meet their teachers on the playground. All students will say good-bye to their parent before entering the building.
• Kindergarten Orientation is August 19, 2019. Please come with your child for a 45 minute classroom visit. Last names beginning A-I 9:30-10:15, Last names J-R 10:30-11:15, Last names beginning S-Z 11:30-12:15.
• Students should arrive in the building between 8:50 and 9:00 Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday and on Wednesday from 9:00 to 9:10. Staff members will enter the building at 9:00 and the following doors will be locked 2, 11 and 13. Students arriving after 9:00 will need to enter the building through door #1 with their parent. Our expectation is that students are in their classrooms and ready to learn before the tardy bell at 9:05 and 9:15 on Wednesday.
• Please view the attached Drop off/Pick up information.
• Organic Life is the new lunch provider. Meals will cost $2.75 each. Payments can be made online through the new Push Coin payment system or by check. All payments sent to school must be sealed in an envelope with your child’s name, grade and teacher clearly written.
• Watch the Cowlishaw Calendar located on our Cowlishaw website for upcoming event information.
Please contact the Cowlishaw School office with questions. Enjoy the reminder of the summerâ€” we look forward to seeing you at Meet and Greet on August 14!
PTA Upcoming Events
PTA MEET AND GREET SOCIAL
Wednesday, August 14th - 9:00-10:30 AM
Start your year off right with friends new and old at our PTA Back to School Social during the Meet & Greet. Before you leave, be sure to stop by our PTA table to check out this year’s Spirit Wear, join the PTA, and check out our awesome volunteer opportunities!
Friday, August 16th - 10:00-11:00 AM & 6:00-7:00 PM
The Cowlishaw PTA welcomes all rising Kindergartners to our school and invites them to a Kindergarten Playdate. Connect with and get to know other families who have incoming Kindergartners. This will also give the kids a chance to meet some new classmates before school begins. We look forward to welcoming all our new Koalas to the family!
PTA GENERAL MEETING
Wednesday, August 28th - 6:30-7:30 PM
Join the PTA in the Multipurpose Room for our first general membership meeting of the year!
We need your help! Cowlishaw LMC is looking for volunteers during the school year to help students, check books in and out of the LMC, repair and shelve books, create and update bulletin boards and assist with various projects. Volunteers are needed from 9am-11am, 11am-1pm or 1pm-3pm on a weekly or bi-weekly basis. If interested, please click on the link below.
LMC Volunteering Information
There are numerous other volunteer opportunities throughout the year at various PTA sponsored events and we have several chair positions open for this year. We will be hosting a volunteer open house and will share more details in the coming weeks. If you are interested please contact Ashley Williams at email@example.com.
Find us on Facebook for up to date happenings in the Cowlishaw community! Cowlishaw Elementary PTA: Cowlishaw PTA
Visit our website for more information: PTA Website
2019-20 Arrival-Departure Map (
2019-20 Arrival-Dismissal Procedures (
2019-20 Student Dismissal Form (